Saturday, March 9, 2013

My journey will soon begin....

This Monday I will finally fly to Brazil! It has been a rough path so far but it all has worked out good! I have bought the plane ticket, I have a contact person in Brazil that will meet me and help me the first time in Brazil, so it will be good.

I will stay in Salvador, which is a VERY old city - especially the historic part of town called Pelourinho. It is an old city that was used by the Portuguese back in the year 1500-and-something :) It is now one of the biggest tourism magnets in Salvador da Bahia.

The main reason I travel to Brazil is to get to know the musical treasure trove of Brazilian music - and when I say Brazilian music I of course mean the blend of music from different cultures - such as Portuguese, African-American music and so on.
I will make more updates as the journey progresses, but for now this will have to do ;)

-Marc

No comments:

Post a Comment